Posted By Sonia Birla
April 5th, 2020
Good morning everyone! Thanks to everyone that attended the Zoom meeting on Sunday! It was great to see that so many DOC NC members are still active! Here is what we discussed in the meeting:
- Donated $12,000 to BBST
- Food Drive and Fundraising for Dorcas Ministries
- Raised $1250 for Dorcas Ministries
- Invited people to donate food and other supplies to our houses
- The Positivity Project
- Geared to help people get through these tough times
- Each day we post a question on Instagram and you can send pictures to @doc_nc or tag them in something to be featured!
- Unfortunately, all other upcoming events are canceled/ postponed due to the coronavirus
The DOC NC Song
- Alana has been developing lyrics based on our mission statement
- The song is titled “My Better Place”
- When we can meet we will record all of us singing the song!
- We are compiling our resources to make masks for DOC NC members and frontline store workers.
- A lot of the stores that give us gift cards and sponsorships could use masks to protect workers.
- Donate of cotton clothes (at least 60% cotton) for mask making (bedsheet, comforter, curtains, clothes, etc.)
- If anyone has sewing machines please begin sewing masks. We have pledged 2000 masks!
- Deliver masks in ziploc bags with two masks per employee
- 75 masks for each store
- Distribute to the DOC NC team as well
Youth Lead Seminar Sessions
- In lieu of school cancellation, it’s always good to keep learning. The seminar sessions will allow older members to teach younger members about an important skill they have mastered or a field they have a deeper understanding of. This will be done through daily 30 min zoom sessions starting on Monday, April 20th.
- So far 5 members are giving talks, if you are an interested high schooler please contact Varun Kochar at email@example.com (email) or 919-523-8142 (cell). Keep an eye out for an email later this week with more information including a schedule and zoom link.
DOC NC Constitution
- Must have 12 hrs of service and 2 events every year, this means you are eligible for voting and running for leadership positions
- Must be above the age of 5 to become a member
- Only payment for the organization is for the t-shirt
- The leadership team includes: Presidents, Vice Presidents, Secretary, Treasurer, Communication Leads, Marketing Lead
- To run for the leadership you must be a high schooler and have been a part of doc nc for at least 1 year
- Meetings are usually the first Sunday of every month
- Reviewed all adjustments and voted on them as a team
- Here is a link to the updated Constitution: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zJKfr-RL0XUSUgYSGC0pnLGlXBPzYdxLYp6rHL-peLI/edit?usp=sharing
- FILL OUT THIS FORM FOR THE APPROVAL OF THE CONSTITUTION IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE MEETING: https://forms.gle/SQEyD4iUMzKjvvmq8
- You can view the constitution on the website.
- Happy 17th Birthday to Srian and Shahanaz (and to everyone else with March/ April birthdays!
- Next meetings will be decided based on coronavirus situation
- Social Media
- Visit docnc.org
- Instagram: @doc_nc
- Facebook: @DOCofNC
- Join Remind: text @docofnc to 81010
- Are you on the email list? If not contact someone on the leadership team!
- Thank you to our wonderful secretary, Shishira, for compiling these notes!
I hope to see you all next month!
Co-President of DOC NC