Posted By Sonia Birla
November 4th, 2019
Hello! Thank you to everyone who attended the meeting yesterday! Here’s what we covered:
- October Recap:
- Raised $1860 at Cary Diwali
- Anita Birla raised $405
- We are at $7,093! Over halfway to our goal!
- Cary Diwali Recap
- Members who attended the event discussed their experiences.
- Future Suggestions for Cary Diwali:
- Table rearrangement
- A corner booth with more space
- More evening volunteering slots than the morning
- Assembly line for glow sticks
- Volunteers of the month: Navya, Aksara, Aayush, Shishira, Sanjana, Alana, Shahanaz, and Shreya!
- Contact Sonia with your emails to receive your certificates!
- Dr. Prem Sharma spoke about his experience growing up
- When he was younger he grew up in Burma and Punjab
- He was a freedom fighter and was able to meet Gandhi!
- He is also an author.
- Counting Hours
- Upcoming Events
- November: Be your own leader month
- Fundraise on your own
- Recommended contribution: Members should get at least 50 dollars and the leadership team members should get at least 100 dollars
- People with the most creativity and most money raised will receive prizes
- Meeting with a guest speaker
- Annual Christmas show (tentatively on December 16th)
- WE project members went over their experiences
- Blog post due November 10th for participants!
- Note in the Pocket
- Potential dates to drop coats were discussed
- There is a max of 15 volunteers for Note in the Pocket events
- We collected over 120 coats!!
- The next meeting is on December 1st! Come with the money you have raised!
- Huge thank you to Shishira fro compiling these notes!