Hello everyone! Thank you to everyone that came to the DOC NC meeting yesterday. I had a great time seeing you all. If you couldn’t make it, here is what you missed:
○ North Carolina Black Alliance: $311.65
○ Lightner YMCA Achievers: $311.65
DOC Talk Recap
Marketing Team Updates
Communications Team Updates
○ We are hoping to contact 10 news outlets
○ Based in Raleigh
○ Focus on supporting renewable energy, carbon offset projects, and providing grants for solar installations in schools across NC (ex: weather stations and data monitoring equipment)
○ Work with organizations like Need.org, Dominion Energy, Duke Energy, Burt’s BEES, and SECU
○ Have Helped many Triangle School like Athens Drive, East Chapel Hill High, and NCSSM
○ DOC NC’s 1000 dollar donations would provide curriculum and materials for 3 classrooms
○ Some volunteering opportunities include: high schoolers can be trained to become a speaker, DOC NC members can become Social Media Ambassadors, and others can help provide education/outreach
○ Cary-based nonprofit to help low income families at crisis point
○ Provide daily necessities and connections for emergency assistance for families in need
○ DOC NC members can help by making gift baskets and donating money
○ Some of their programs are Household essentials baskets, Angel Tree Project, and Summer Foods
○ 95% of donations will go to families and the rest will go to providing essential services
o Students will teach 30 minutes to 1 hour classes about any topics of their choosing.
o Recommended donations will be around $1-2 per class, but will overall be free.
o Here is the link if you are interested: https://forms.gle/4eruCnZbRVnDGwv29
o Email Sonia at email@example.com if you have any questions!
Environmental Science Talk by Dr. Satyapal Arya:
○ Fossil fuel burning is a major cause for climate change
○ We need to conserve as much energy as we can in our daily lives
Next Meeting: October 1st!
And as always…
○ Instagram: @doc_nc
○ Facebook: @DOCofNC
○ Website: docnc.org
○ Remind: text @docofnc to 81010
Thank you to Shishira for writing up these beautiful notes, and we will see you next month! Feel free to email me if you have any questions!