DOC Talks are 1 hour long discussions involving DOC NC members to talk about the issues that affect us and our community. These topics include The Black Lives Matter Movement, Global Warming, Gender Inequality, Immigration, etc. As a youth organization, DOC NC has the platform and ability to create change in our world. The goal is to help raise awareness, learn, educate, and encourage individuals to engage in meaningful conversations.
- Be respectful and listen actively
- Give everyone a chance to speak
- Do not interrupt someone when they are speaking
- You may criticize ideas, not induviduals
- Avoid blame, speculation, and inflammatory language
- How does this issue affect me?
- How do I feel about this topic?
- What can I do to promote change?
How Effective is Rejoining the Paris Climate Accord?
January 30th, 3:00 – 4:00 PM
The Impact of the American Election on its Citizens and the World
November 15th, 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Wearing Masks and Individualism in the US?
September 19th, 12:30 – 1:30 PM
Does Tik Tok truly pose a security threat to the United States?
August 30th, 2:30 – 3:30 PM
Black Lives Matter Movement
August 9th, 2:30 – 3:30 PM